Virtual Conference Programme
The Virtual Conference will be a series of six 90-minute panel sessions over the 3rd and 4th December 2020 plus 3 follow up webinars during 2021. The virtual display will be launched on the first and will be a permanent “living” website.
About the sessions:
- invited speakers and panellists will:
- address strategies to accelerate the “Journey to 100% Renewables”.
- address all energy sectors and regions.
- focus on social issues, technological issues, and enabling framework issues.
- Covid-19 and the Energy Transformation: Lessons learnt, and pathways needed to be explored
- Transforming and Growing the Electricity Sector: The Role of Sector Coupling to Meet our End-Use Energy Through Electricity
- Transforming the Heating and Cooling Sectors: Solar Thermal and Other Technologies to Meet the Heating Requirements of Industry and the Heating and Cooling Requirements of Communities and Buildings
- Transforming the Transport Sector: Sector Coupling, and the Future Roles of Biofuels and Hydrogen/Fuel Cell Technologies
- Garnering Public Support to Achieve the 100% Renewable Energy Transformation
- Enabling a Policy Landscape and the Financial Markets to Achieve 100% Renewables
Throughout 2021, three SWC50 follow up webinars will be held.
About the Virtual Display:
Providing a timeline and focusing on the stories from the past 50+ years and visions for the next 50 years through the eyes of:
- Institutions (research laboratories and universities);
- NGOs and Non-profit organizations:
- Industry; and